The World Next Door
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Available March, 28th 2019!
Inspired by the emotional storytelling and thrilling action of anime and indie gaming, The World Next Door follows Jun, a rebellious teen who finds herself far from home in the magical and mysterious world of Emrys. As she encounters a colorful cast of otherworldly creatures, Jun must learn to rely on her new friends to get back to Earth before time runs out.
In The World Next Door, players will find an addictive mix of immersive visual novel elements, powerful storytelling and lightning-fast puzzle battles. Learn for yourself why The World Next Door was nominated for the 2019 SXSW Gamer’s Voice Award, selected for the 2019 Indie Mega Booth PAX East Showcase and awarded numerous accolades/nominations for Best Action-Adventure Game.
- Journey into Emrys, a magical world brought to life with anime-inspired characters designed by Lord Gris
- Play as Jun, an adventurous teenager, who must use magical runes and the help of her friends to defeat opponents and find a way home
- Cast spells by activating magical runes in fast-paced, real-time combat that mixes the fun of puzzle-combos with action gameplay
- Immerse yourself in a supernatural story with branching dialogue and reputation systems that affect your relationships with characters in the game
- Focus on the story while still enjoying the gameplay using Assist Mode
“It seems to capture the spirit that VIZ is so synonymous with, while combining distinct genres in unique ways.” – Game Informer
“…it will fill the match-3 shaped hole in my heart (and hopefully, my Switch).” –Kotaku
“...fantasy anime meets Tetris...something endearingly unexpected…” – Polygon
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Authors||VIZ, Rose City Games|
|Genre||Adventure, Puzzle, Visual Novel|
|Tags||2D, Action-Adventure, Anime, Coming Of Age, Fantasy, Manga, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
This game is currently unavailable